About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Monday, February 06, 2023

THE LAST LAP OF THE TWENTIES




There is something about ending a decade! I have lived for Twenty-nine years, and yet there is still more living to do. I am yet to grasp the year's ending and here we are.

This year sums up the dreams I made of my twenties, and these years sum up the many first milestones of adulting. This decade was quite a ride! From the innocent early twenties to the mid-twenties where realisation first visits you to remind you that, the dreams you had at twenty-five are now coming to an end. In your mid-twenties, you realise the pressure you carry around long before the real drama happens. 

And then, you wake up one day and are in the evening of your Twenty-ninth year. A little less sassy than at twenty and more appreciative of a lot of things. I am more appreciative of my friendship with my aunties and my older siblings, I am more appreciative of work and appreciative of my friends that form the more significant part of the support system in the twenties. 

By year twenty-nine, you become more consistent in your purpose, in building for the next decade. I am happy to know that my life's purpose has women and girls at the centre of my advocacy. My purpose extends into all the areas that make my life's web. It is beautiful to see what God can do with the purpose He places in our bosoms. 

But twenty-nine also carried pain with it and taught me that; life comes with pain as well, whereas I would have been overwhelmed, I choose to celebrate the good days, because as sure as day, the bad days would follow along. After all, life is cut out like that. 

I have also come to believe that "Grief really is the price we pay for love" I have cried throughout the decade. I have wept for love lost, loved ones to be gone and love impossible. I have had healing happen only for grief to revisit. In all of it, our greatest loves will be the source of our greatest pains. 

I am okay with growing older, it has never been a thing that scared me, I am if anything, thankful for more life here on earth and in that, every new year is a beautiful blessing and reminder that I am still needed here. 
And so I charge for thirty a month from now, and I am more than thankful for how far I have come and where I will be in the next decade. 

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *