About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Of fear and blurry nights.

I am sitting here after our phones went off and for the first time on this journey, I am embracing fear as an old friend. 


I am sitting with myself and looking back on the many hurdles we have hopped through, some of me braver than I could ever master.


I am looking back and I am embracing the change that comes with leaving this place I have called my own and the freedom solitude affords. 


I am scared! Many times! But tonight, this fear holds me safe like a dear old friend. I have been brave this long but not brave at the thought of how much changes with just one Yes. 


I remember the stern words of the counsellor and still embrace my fear. I hope we have more journeys of joy over the years than tears and sticky dialogues. I don’t want forever to hurt, even when forever comes with pain, too. 


And so I retire to bed holding fear in my chest. Taking in the last few moments of solitude. Embracing her like a friend who reminds me of what’s at stake. Because every so often, that is the reminder that reminds me of what bravery looks like at this moment. 


The brevity of leaving behind freedom, the utopian spirit of living alone and the effortless joys of just doing life on your terms… when I think of that, I hope my heart can remember the brevity of choosing to do life with another person. 


Tonight we lay down scared of the unspoken things in our dialogue. Selah. 


Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *