About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Friday, January 15, 2016

WEDDING BLUES

(Written from reflections of 19th December.Stella's wedding.)

The weekend brought me some thoughtful memories of why I lord weddings.And why I would in anyway be delighted to be in the know of who the bride is.
This time it was my very own "Naka" who is probably taking honey to the moon! Love can be something Aalo! But let me take you through five amazing observations that were rebirthed in my sister's wedding.

1.The bride is always the bride.We looked good but darling,somewhat I realised you just can't beat the bride's aurora. You can keep trying dear bridesmaids.

2.The single men have the most important discussions that day,every single man even the photographer."Marriage is salvation" so the question of when are you getting saved is always in the air. If you see that young man in thought on a wedding,give him sometime to come to terms with words like,wedding,marriage,love,more love,babies,together,ours,us...in that moment he could use a definition that makes him decide on what to do. (But don't pay him attention it's not his wedding)

3.They always(everyone) start to feel so much love. I think I always fell for someone on a wedding day.And then woke up wondering why it was over soon. The married people see themselves for the first time re-living their own weddings.And me?I feel like a bridesmaid and every thing that I want to be.

4.If you didn't eat cake,you didn't (always remember) attend the reception. The beauty in one piece of cake is a seal to your memory. Everyone back home will ask for cake(count on it) They sound something like this,"Eeh,welcome back...you were really smart,have you brought some cake?" And when your serving cake,you never miss to here a madam say,I want to take some for my child at home and blah blah blah. So make sure you eat cake,please It's a matter of life and death (not really) but apart from "abagole bawoomye" the cake is your other story.

5a;The day ends and you feel all the anxiety leave. It was always there but it lets go just about then...when the decorators start to take their things. The bubble bursts and you can't believe how it kept around.The bride is very happy,the groom looks very "hero" like and the guest can't stop smiling. The day really happened,whatever way it happened.

5b; You finally realise how valuable your family is.I love love my family.They can be a handful sometimes but always a pleasure to have. Marriage after all is a union of two people from two families.
That is what I can remember before the wine...After the third glass,the rest I need to ask Aunty Jo for the lessons garnered.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *