About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

MR. MAN [On pomp, pride and self-importance]



The other day, Mr. Man was pompous in his ability to sway attention.

Mr. Man said…he is minding his business and any mention or forward of me was unwelcome!


You see, Mr. Man stands on shaky ground, with the inability to be “man” enough to be humble and yet own his ground.


Mr. Man disillusioned himself enough to think that the world resolves around him…in his desire for importance, Mr. Man was quick to throw around his money and his pomp! 


You see, Mr. Man was my friend but Mr. Man imagined that the world was rotating in motion around him. It was our fault, we let him inflate enough for him to float in air. 


So I am praying for Mr. Man to come back to ground. We are hoping that he will be able to dwell among normal people. 


But if he doesn't...I guess there was never redemption. [Selah]


Mr. man went MIA and had us tapping the dial to find him. He said the busy got him tied up. We are praying that the busy is not escapism.


Mr. man left his post unattended, we decided to learn to live without him. It is funny how you can learn to do without somethings...even people who used to be a norm.


Mr. Man will return someday, and we will have moved past his presence. I wonder if he will have cooled off his self importance... I wonder. But until then...


I hope you who is reading this will see yourself in the eyes of normal men and be able to live among others...well enough not to assume relevance beyond the norm.


I hope that pride might not blind you from how worldly crowns mean nothing.


PS. IN DEDICATION TO MR. MAN[Yemanyi]


Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *