About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Monday, April 11, 2022

29ish: Of big ages and finishing a decade well




It is my 29th birthday. Selah! 








I do not what it is but my big age is making me jittery, of course, I no longer have the flare that used to follow me in my tender years, I am quieter and bent on enjoying my solitude, I have a pet in the absence of children [I have decided that is the reason] I am learning patience, I am less impulsive, less sensitive and more forgiving of things not going my way. 

 I can officially say, I am at the heart of adulting, I have had my moment with how expensive saucepans and curtains are, the latter almost wipe me off but also opened my eyes to what bills, budgeting and finances are really about.

I have an investment portfolio, right now it is in pause mode because of the Ukrainian crisis but that too will pass. I have a cloud of witnesses on this journey called mentors, though buddies and cheerleaders. I can officially claim responsibility and accountability on my turf. 

Everything seems to be falling into alignment. And that is the place I want to be for the next year- in alignment. 

In all living, I am very scared of 29, at the back of my mind, is the resounding gong telling me to make 29 counts because it is the last year in the decade of my 20s. That responsibility continues to outweigh my dreams and aspirations. As if for some unknown reason, 29 is my grounding year, in a sense, I feel like, after 29, there will be very little that can ground me if I miss it at 29. 

Phew! I am very scared of 29, I desire to get it right, and to find my alignment in this life. To recourse, realign and repurpose myself for the next decade. I don't want this next year to find me still rumbling about getting it right. I want to have a plan for the next decade, whether it happens in that way or not. 29 is the year to plan for my 30s.

I also know that many of my plans will change as the years unfold but I want to hope that I will have cemented my next steps at my finishing plate in my twenties. 

What a time to be this old! What a time to dream and what a time to align oneself. I am hoping for the best certainly as I also prepare for the worst.
Here is to 29-ish. To be a full-blown adult with responsibilities, to desire more growth, to shape the journey ahead and to enjoy the moments in between. Here's to making it all work. 

29-ish

P.S: This was a 4th April Post.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *