About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Sunday, February 13, 2022

GRATITUDE FILES: NSIIMYE





I am seated at Admas Grand Hotel balcony... it is business gateway (and maybe the pleasure of enjoying clean air and serenity) So I can rightfully says it is a business and pleasure kind of thing. 
I digress, but sitting here has given me an opportunity to take inventory of where I am in this life thing, I have many times this year caught myself in despair and grumbling with what I am doing but I took a moment to pull up some gratitude files and I can really say, I am grateful!
I am still scared of turning twenty nine but I am equally happy with how far I have come on this life journey. There was a time I was scared I wouldn't make it this far but to see how much ground I have covered in 28 years! I am filled with bounts of gratitude.

In the chaos of the city, between fuel prices and the overwhelming mundane, you really miss it, you keep going and it is easy to miss the moment to stop and say, "Thank you". Thank you to the community around you, Thank you to God and it shook me that while I sat here, enjoying the cool breeze, I was thankful for a lot of the things that are happening in my world.

Twenty nine will definitely come and I know that I will be okay, I will do life and accomplish that which is rationally possible in my sphere and I will be okay. I am going to choose joy and fight for it. To choose laughter in the presence of tears. To  enjoy all the windows of life that open up on this journey. So, may twenty nine come, and may I be gracious enough to be on a constant journey of grace and acceptance so that my heart can always find the gratitude files archived on this journey. It has been 28 amazing and radically life changing years and I am grateful! 

I am honored to see myself evolve, rebuild and become who I have dreamed  for myself. I feel teary right now because, I almost missed it, but honey I have beaten the odds! I have built a whole world for my feeble heart to dwell in and it is beautiful to see. I have built a village of amazing women in my corner and let me tell you, I have a wonderful force behind me. I have done right by me...and yet I sometimes miss it in the chaos!

For now, I am grateful for the trails of struggle filled with overcoming that I leave behind. I am grateful for the village that makes it possible for me to keep going forward. I am grateful even in all the little moments of "What in the world is God doing right now?"  
In the chaos found in this life thing, I am okay, I am thankful and grateful..Nsiimye...Selah!

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *