About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

JUST GRATEFUL

Image result for just grateful
After the elections period, everyone seemed to have a need to write about the vote rigging and now we are yanked into the post election petition. The temptation to pen in that area seems great yet I choose to sit and think of the little blessings that the Lord has provided in the time past and in the little limps of hope in the disarray that life tends to be.

I had my first surgery done, the fright all washed off in the fact that to get it done was to stop all the pain that was there before and that alone was comforting in itself. So I lay myself down, stripped of all shyness to the redeeming knife of the surgeon and there I was after two hours looking at what had been causing my torment and worry, Most comforting was the fact that it was not cancerous.(I have seen what cancer can do,not something to smile about.)
But it was after this ordeal, that I realized how much easy it is to go through life thankful of every little blessing that comes forth. Sure, it might not be a lot but most important is the fact that there is something to always be thankful about in the long run. It was much more easy for me to go through the days after the surgery with the mentality that it could have been worse but I was spared that as well.

Image result for just gratefulGranted that things do not look all rosy in our country now, granted that the mere sight of soldiers assembled every where is in itself frighting and worrying. Yet in the presence of sheer defeat everyone has a won battle, I have a won battle.I am not happy with the way things turned out, I cry at the demise of our land in the next few years yet I also know that to cry over split milk is to fail to rise to the occasion and find adequate solutions for the morrow. So I embrace what is left of sanity and charge yet again. I make room for more joy and more peace, I line myself in the gutters of hope so I can scoop if only one gleaming stone to what maybe of tomorrow.


I am grateful, grateful for everything in between, grateful for the nights that seemed more dark, for the rain that failed to rain, for the rain that did rain. Grateful for the surgeon that came just in time, for the learned friends that rose to the occasion, for the men brave enough to boycott work, for the soldiers ready to battle. Grateful for my boda guy, who is always just a call away.(How do people with no boda guy survive?)
I am just grateful, that I can breathe in a bountiful of air, and scream "I am alive!!"

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *