About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Friday, November 20, 2015

THE DANGER OF A SINGLE MAN'S WAR

Have you ever found yourself at the center of strife? Have you ever found yourself at the center of a war you didn't begin and don't want to start or sustain? What do you do? Or rather what did you do?
Recently, I was awaken to the fact that not everyone desires peace as I do. My great insightful friend, Chelsea came with a reality truth that I was closing my eyes to.

As always, bubbling but a great voice of reason for me to learn from. She told me of a time when she stood at the other end of a never ending battle, one she didn't want to start, sustain or even end up in. Her disgust was in the dilemma of why one person would choose war over peace, isn't it more peaceful and easier to live with less enemies than with them? You see, the danger of sharing friends for her lay in the fact that, the other friend wanted all that Chelsea had., her friends and her life but above it all her job. You never change a person, much less their character and that is something Chelsea didn't know. So there she stood a victim of hate, anger and envy yet all she ever desired was the ability for normal conversation, a group hug and all that is not war. Through Chelsea's experience I have come to pick a few lessons on the danger of a one man war and how to survive one;

1. YOU NEVER KNOW HOW TO STOP THE OTHER PERSON
I mean the person who has declared war because all they want is a piece of you and at whatever cost they will drag you down with you. So be ready for a never ending war. For them at whatever cost, they will let the war wage on.

2. YOUR SILENCE IS YOUR BEST ALLY
You see, it is true, silence is golden and it could be the best weapon to rivalry and strife. Now for my talkative Chelsea we had to go about silence little by little until she mastered how to shut up. So, however inclined you are to say something, keep your mouth shut for whatever is said in anger is sure going to cause a spark for more battle lines.

3. KEEP YOUR PEACE
No matter what happens to make you mad, keep your cool. Its is very rewarding to see the face of the warrior when the person they aim their attack on is cool and composed even when they provoke them. Keep your cool and don't at any time, lose your temper while the war wager sees, maybe when you are alone but not when they are seeing.

4. PRAY ABOUT IT
Start to pray about the war that is lagging in the air, other than taking your burdens to God, it is easier to lighten up when you speak your thoughts out. More therapy for you than you could ever imagine. Pray, whenever you feel the burden raise above your heart.

5. KEEP YOUR SPACE FROM THE WAR-WAGER
Chelsea thinks it is cowardice to keep running, but I think that at all cost the only way this war is going to stay single sided is if you keep out of each others way. Let them be and give them a chance to re-energize for the next war ahead of them and you, you also need to refresh from all the negativity you have been surrounded by all day long.

That is for you to stand when the one man war begins, I for one, have seen a friend's envy turn into a determined desire to destroy me and my character but these few key points got me standing even when there was a storm rushing under my feet. At all costs, make peace not war.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *