About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

THE COILED BUNDLE OF HELP


No one ever prepares us for life's uncertainties and nothing is spelled out to the dot as we start our life's journey. Not even the beggar expected less of life but there he lay,with his frail frame to the ground,his small body covered by a tattered cassock,brown or may be red with the dust ,blood stains evident on his legs obviously tired from doing nothing but begging.   As I passed by one more time, still looking at the  lifted hands and holding tight to the coins in my purse,I felt the guilt mount. I see him yet I fail to help him.I see his helpless state yet I tell myself,he is just fine.After all,he might be having a day's wage better than my own. In reason,I missed his call for help. Wasn't he the least of brothers that I am called to help?
And through the day,I have been seeing his frame burst through my mind.How he sat down to a meal of stale,cold leftovers,I saw him as he sheltered himself from the sun with  a sack.How is it we do not see them? How is it that I could pass by  without holding down my pace to help?                                                   There in the presence of my compassion,I felt his plight,I felt him beckoning for a helping hand but most of all for a redeemer.Many as they are,this little frail being needed help the most. So I decided I had to go back,I have to help him,maybe to survive today but help anyway.I am going back and this time,when I pass by and see his hands lifted or when he follows me about,I will stop and from  the depths of my pocket I will give him some money to have or some fresh food. On that day,I will carry an extra coat to keep him warm through the rainy days.
I will smile to him and tell him, everything will be fine someday.I will plant a hope for not just another coin for today but for  leverage of a stable tomorrow. And each day I will plant a seed of a better providence to the coiled bundle of hope,until the day the streets are no longer his home. With my small efforts I hope to redeem his life and maybe beat the uncertainties that have accompanied him through the years. The little bundle of help beckons to me and I will surely reach out this time with a greater need to redeem him but mostly to redeem myself,for with time I have forgotten how to help the stranger that looms besides me.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *