About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A NATION THAT SLEEPS ITS WAY TO DEVELOPMENT

30 years and still counting...Now we have a Sole Candidate(read dictator). In my few years here,I have come to see apathy embrace even the die-hards who saw a glimpse of change coming.But most of all,I have seen unemployment,lawlessness, and mediocrity eat up the whole Country. 
People are okay with enough,No one wants to struggle so hard...but yet again everyone wants to live comfortable.I hate to compare,but in development it makes for a better view of one's journey if you can pick lessons from other Nations that have grown exceptionally.We have been sold to a lie that a few road works and the discovery of oil shall deliver us to the state of a Middle Class Economy(read Country).

 We have been told that there will be job opportunities,increased income and all that kind of dreamy nice stuff.But we have not been told the struggle of true worth...Human development.In Countries where development has happened and the standard of living is very good also has a very good work ethic. While here in Uganda,we get to have a whole 8-11 hours of sleep and nothing to do.Countries that are developing have pushed their day into the night.They work hard to make a better life for the generation to come.
While we are home by 7:00pm, other people are off to work and while we sleep...Nations are developing by the candle light. My friend from the States on living here for a while was rather disturbed...He finds the nights so long here in Uganda. I understand his point.We have chosen to sleep while the thieves snatch the dream of our generation and generations to come.

We were given a lie for fundamental change.

Image result for a sleeping uganda

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *