About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A DEVELOPMENT WORKER'S REALITY

I find myself in a generation where everything is upside! In a country where impunity is a second language to the people and the rule of law is by far a fading reality for me and the people that walk this red African soil...It has been said that Africa will  never get the respect she so desires, unless she takes her governance in her own hands and also finds her place in this world as a super continent and that calls for development and sustainable at that.But the reality of a country like mine is that of;corruption, disease, neo-colonialism, human rights abuse and quagmire systems of democracy. And in a such situation I search for my need to cause change. Men and women my age have made a difference in different ways and in my own small way I let my words each day be the voice ever so needed to bring life to the unheard revolution...for long time pen and ink have been the strongest weapons to fight for change.
Poor African Kid Meme Poor african kids drinking

As a development scholar, I have been left to the detrimental discussion on what to do and where to go from hereon....do we find a solution to our demise as a collective or does each  individual find a solution from where they stand? Do we stick to the so-called" rigid" culture beset in our existence or do we find a flexibility in the provided solutions represented by the western so called "developed" countries.Where do we go from here? Where each effort to cause change as a country has been met with lost lives or where picking lessons from great leadership, has only ended up making men in positions of power more rigid than before. Where do we find a lasting solution to our very much dark future,will we have to take up arms, to cause war or die to the last man before the cause of freedom is acknowledged.Do we have a way out or we die to apathy for the longest part of our lives as we pray day and night for a miracle to befall our nation and bring an end to the repugnant rule we have been subjected to...what do we do from here?
... of all of those poor starving children in Africa with every bite

Problems have been mentioned, solutions given and yet we are still stuck in a leadership of violence and deception, reduced to mere beggars in our very own country. Are we better off as a people independent or as a protectorate? that answer I live to see answered and so pray dearly that all this chaos will be over when we raise children for this Nation. May future generations find cause to be proud of our generation, may children sired be raised to know a better life than I did, but only that can happen in a rise of morality, values and integrity, It can only happen in a lifted love for one's country,in the patriotic search for freedom...it can happen in our continued search for a better place to raise our children and protect our mothers but such change only happens if a people is ready for change.Until then, my need to see sustainable development happen, lies in far land hoping and waiting for the appropriate time to redeem my Nation.
That is my reality...for now.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *