About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

ON LOVED ONES GONE AND THE THINGS THEY TAUGHT ME.(RIP)

Now this is my 30th blogpost and I would love to dedicate it to people that have left us and gone to be with the Lord but in one way or the other shaped my journey and taught me a lot of things about my self both directly and indirectlty
 With great sorrow and love I have cherished the lessons of life these people have given me.May their memories live on through the years.I miss you but I know the Lord must have loved you to be by his side.
My friend and fighter,lover of life and sport.He brought millions joy and laughter and he taught me to love and live life.He was a jewel for many...learning to live without his charm is going to be the hardest thing because his memory is alive every single day.
He was a hero to many, a brother to most of us and a friend to all.He surely taught me not to be negative and to laugh my way through life.I MISS YOU BABZEE
Ruth Ndugga,My Grandma, She taught me the meaning of Forgiving and letting go.Life to her was all about loving and giving...even to the end she remained with her big giving heart.She taught me to put others before self. In her many lessons to me,she taught me to love the Lord(that is priceless) her love for the Lord was amazingly innate..she loved the Lord with a passion that rub off on everyone around her and she was interested in people.oh how she taught me the meaning of Love..it is selfless.I MISS YOU JAAJA (Aunt Ruth).

And then she happened!! Maya Angelou. Born 4th April same as me and a lover of life.She was the true definition of perseverance, patience and focus.How she held on, I barely could but her stories and love for poetry and writing is the reason I can share this piece of me with you.Her hope is the hope I have mastered today to keep going on in times when giving up looks better.Do I get days when I want to stop.(many of them)do I stop..No. Maya taught me that giving up is not a solution but rising up to remember the reason you started in the first place.
 She was a people person and understood the need to help the hurting hearts. I now know what others possibly go  through every single while. Maya taught me that. RIP MAYA.
Joan Rivers,looks like the last person to learn from huh?Well you are just about wrong.You see this Icon lived life so large with risks,danger and fun.She lived everyone's dreams as her own.And she taught me to laugh at everything including our selves.Those nights I was glued to the screen to watch Fashion Police.I was more excited to hear her speak and put a smile on my face.She sure did crack me open most of the time.She taught me that life is large."And once you die,its over...you are gone, so enjoy life now because once its over,its over" those words from her remain with me along this road called life.And then some day, once it will be over I will be thank you for these Souls that have taught me a lot about life in their own way.

This years has surely taken something from me but has also taught me a lot to help me go through the years to come.Its not over till God says so.As I celebrate these lives that have in special ways made me a better person.I pray that you find solace in knowing that you too have heard angels walk amongst you and these angels though human bring a comfort to our lives while we have them.The love and warmth of their hearts is what helps us cope along the way.
Rest In Peace dear ones.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *