About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SURVIVING LIFE AND UGANDA

I know it is one hell of a  title but am thinking of how to survive not just Uganda as a country but Uganda in the captions of the life styles,its people and attitude.It goes without saying that it is the people that make up a country just like nations make up the world.
Living in a country that has a history of many trying times, one could be forced into a mentality to take on the status quo and forget the struggle life puts before us in achieveing the dreams that are deep rooted in our hearts.
So I sat and wondered,what would it take to survive such a trend?
Survival, a lot of times sounds mediocre, up until you realize the odds are not in your favor and all you have to do is keep pushing on. I happened to have been raised in most of the circumstances that a girl child could go through,not that I have experienced the same things every Ugandan girl has had but enough to teach me these life survival skills as a Ugandan.

1. If it is to be... it is up to me(you),Whatever you set out to do and whatever you are going to achieve is up to me/you.It takes  a lot of gut to stand out of a crowd and have your way because by all means, you will be misunderstood or even worse get on the bad books of people that will make it hell for you to get there, But always remember, If it is to be...it is up to me/you.

2. Believe in your dreams, Lupita Nyo'ngo said it well,"Wherever you are,your dreams are valid" A lot of negative talk is going to be pushed in your way and such is life, but  the obstacles in the journey make it worth while in the end but one thing that is going to help you see tomorrow is if you hold your dreams dear and walk with them strapped to your heart each and everyday. The difference in your survival in the end is that while others gave up on theirs,you stood your ground and held on.

3.Its hard out here,but possible for you to survive, Don't be fooled into thinking that the bed of roses back home is what life offers you,especially you ,my friend, circumstances are such that you are going to have a hard time out here,mistakes and chaos will make it very trying but the secret lies in getting up and in moving on.You can do it and you can make it through, I have and am still on my way there.It surely has been hard but guess what, I would be nothing without those many experiences.

4.Have some higher power you can go to,Life has given us a lot of things that we can control and have power over. But the essence and value of our lives lies in the fact that we subscribe to a greater authority than who we are.Something you believe in, for in all areas of life, your success and ability to survive will greatly lie on the fact that you have some great authority you subscribe to.

5. You don't have to go through life alone, You just don't have to. As humans, we are societal beings and that by far makes us relational as well.You will need people who will help you along the way to be better and to learn, un-learn and re-learn many life lessons.These people will be from different walks of life but allow yourself to share in their many life experiences. They by far, make life's journey very easy.

So don't be afraid to do life, and be sure you can survive....am still learning and am surviving the chaos of life day by day.I have learnt how to deal with life challenges one step at a time.I will be happy to see you, go through life with the focus and determination that I am mastering as well.It takes a determined heart to go through life.I hope you find life interesting in the end.Enjoy your journey.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *