About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

ON JOBS REJECTED,JOBS ACCEPTED AND NUGGETS OF WISDOM



 So I  have had an opportunity to turned down a job offer not that I didn't want it but because it was the right thing to do in that moment. Now, let me give untimely wisdom, something I have come to learn and accept.
A lot of opportunities are going to come and some, more juicy than anything you have ever known.Now it is going to be utter foolishness to swipe down a lot of them. But here are a few pointers to give you ground on how to go about some of these events. Especially,for recent graduates.

1.As a recent graduate, you are going to need enough facilitation to keep you going so save some money to get you through your job searching and Job days. When I went for an interview recently, I had only 5000shillings given to me by my best friend (bless her soul) but even still the circumstances where such that I had to figure out a way to get to her as soon as possible for her to get me that money on time. So save up especially for jobs that are far from your place or home.

2. In the event that you have not saved up at all(especially given our saving culture as Ugandans) like me, you then settle not for less but for a doable thing, search for job opportunities around your home area or nearest to your home town with a little income cost. I have been lucky to do my apprenticeship in an area very close to my home (Thank you Jenipher,I can brag about it now. ) The ease about it, is that you spend very little and yet you can be at work early. You get a bonus for coming to work early and you spend less on facilitation.

3.Volunteer, the good about it, is if you are volunteering, you choose the days to come, so you come on days that are favorable to your pocket. And believe me...there is joy in doing so.And for a start, be sure you will be facilitated once in a while. A lot of places offer lunch and transport to their volunteers.

4.On turning down a job,like I did must count for alot of reason, In my case, regardless of a salary or faciltation the truth is I was to spend more than I was earning, now that is bad business. Being just out of college,saving should be the biggest priority on your list. As much as opportunity strikes once, be sure that you don't want to work for nothing or spend more money than you earn.

5.Lastly, but not necessarily least, Trust your gut, a lot of times we don't trust our judgment of things(especially women when it comes to bad relationships that we just cannot leave) But your gut says a lot about how you will perceive the kind of work that you will be doing. So never sell your gut short. You will be fine ...and I know I will be fine as well. We all have some grace spelt out for us, as a matter of fact I am a m as I write this and I am a Marketing executive as I write this and it pays good money.
See you on my next experience and thought pattern. And go out there and make your experiences greater.

You are worth every opportunity that is worth while and you can be anything you put your hands on.
Good luck Graduate!!!


Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *