About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world. I'm Tricia Gloria Nabaye, on a mission to advocate for gender equality, human rights, and democratic governance through the lens of feminist intersectional practices. With nine years of experience, I've honed my skills to be a force for positive change. My strengths lie in problem-solving and effective cross-cultural collaboration, and I thrive in leadership roles. My analytical perspective ensures that my advocacy is data-driven and impactful. My primary focus is on feminist leadership consulting, where I provide valuable insight and guidance. I also offer rapporteur services, ensuring that essential discussions are documented and shared. As a feminist researcher, my deep commitment lies in addressing gender issues, empowering women and girls, and advancing public policy advocacy. I'm a visionary dedicated to shaping the future of advocacy with a strong focus on human rights. Join me in our journey to drive positive change. Together, we can build a world where gender equality and human rights are at the forefront, ensuring a more inclusive and just society for all.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

MODERN DAY DAMSELS IN DISTRESS #Ugblogweek

The damsel in distress is usually a beautiful young woman placed in a dire predicament by a villain or monster and who requires a hero to achieve her rescue. After rescuing her, the hero often obtains her hand in marriage.                      
According to Wikipedia, this can be traced back to the knight-errant of Medieval songs and tales, who regarded protection of women as an essential part of their chivalric code which includes a notion of honour and nobility.[1]

In the wake of my feminist interests,Not that there will be any villains to slain but there will be many heroes to beget.I find my need to evoke the damsel in me,many times.I love being a damsel in distress,it reminds me of the softer character that makes a woman an interesting  part  charm. Owing to the fact that vulnerability makes the protector and defender instincts manifest in a man.
The Ugandan story of the damsel in distress could be  Nsangi and the ape. Remember Nsangi?,the one who was eaten by the ape and then a hero guy comes and cuts the belly of the ape and rescues Nsangi. In the tale,he doesn't get the bad ape immediately, it is after asking all the lined up apes,"Gwalidde Nsangi?" translated, Is it you who ate Nsangi? I guess not the kind of rescue in my mind as a damsel but a rescue anyway.

Society today detests damsels in distress! They reckon that if it is possible, be just a damsel. We live in the wake of raising strong independent women(which is not bad until motive evolves) We now have radical feminists,others single able mothers who want nothing to do with the baby daddies.(for both plausible and unreasonable issues) We have made men out of women and made sure they reach the top in the air of "I can do what men can" And for sure we can, but without losing the soft side of us that makes us different from men.

Far from all cause to dish the super woman, I believe that the damsel in distress is not to evoke any change in the things we have accomplished as women, on the contrary it is to better them and keep a spark of mystery that makes women ignite the best in  men. To raise the protector instincts in men is to give to ourselves as to them and that makes our softness and gentleness echo their ability to defend us in all ways.
I'd love to call it,the winning card(not manipulative) For in motive we find purpose,the purpose in being a damsel would be in need to lift men up,to give them the "ish" that makes the mystery of a woman very scandalous so we can win in society and within us.

So maybe the damsel in distress is what makes the difference in our tale of heroes. Some win as strong women while others conquer as strong yet soft beautiful damsels.
I want to be a damsel in distress once in a while.

Write to me

Name

Email *

Message *